Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yo MOM (Model of the Month) Feburary - Hannah Holman

What is your name? Hannah Holman
Any nicknames? Hann or Hannie
Where did you grow up? Leamington Utah
When is your birthday? March 12
What is your favorite color? Pale green
Describe your family: Good spirited, funny, practical, and accomplished
Describe your friends: Funny and outgoing
Who makes you laugh more than anyone in the world? My friend Shantel
Who is your hero and why? My dad, because whenever I tell someone that I am his daughter they always tell me how much they look up to him. Many people admire my dad and they always have something good to say about him. He has a talent for making people feel loved and apprecitated.
How would your friends describe you? Fun to be with, easy to talk to, and trustworthy.
Other people's biggest misconception about me is? That I am “stuck-up.”
Your greatest fear in life would be? The loss of love and respect from the people I care about, but other than that I laugh in the face of danger!
What do you love about your looks AND personality? I love that I am easy going about almost everything. My favorite features are my eyes and smile.
What do you wish you could change about your looks AND personality? If it was possible I would like to be taller. I don’t get worked up very often, but when I do I tend to get really worked up.
What do you think is your most unusual talent? I can touch the end of my nose with my tongue.
Favorite things to do? Hang out with friends and go camping.
What is your favorite thing to do that doesn't cost money? Ride horses
What new activity or interest would you like to make space for in your life? I would like to learn to play the drums.
Are you usually early, on time or late? Late
If you had to eat the same food for three days what would it be? Squash and orange juice.
What is your favorite thing to wear? a dress and heels
Who is your favorite designer? Prada
What is your favorite magazine? Glamour
What is your favorite movie or TV show? The Office
What is your favorite music? Anything and everything but rap.
What is your dream vacation and with whom? I would want to go to a tropical island with my best friend.
Who would be your dream date (with whom, doing what, and where)? I’m not allowed to go on dates, Stacey disapproves. :-)
Describe your perfect mate. Someone who cares more about me and the relationship than they do themselves. Also good lookin’ :-)
What annoys you the most? Insincere people.
When you were little, you wanted to be...? A stay at home Vet (i.e.live in a duplex next to my brother who was also going to be a Vet.)
What are you goals now? To be a Super-Model.
Which holiday do you like best? : Christmas, not because of the presents, but because our family spends a lot of time together.
How were you discovered? I was scouted in a mall.
How do you feel about the experience? So far it has been a great opportunity and the experience has made me a more open minded person.
What have you done? Where have you been? So far I have been to Tokyo , Japan . I stayed there for two months, and during those two months I had a job in Hawaii for a Japanese magazine. So I got two trips in one!
Any advice for new models? Keep your chin up and don’t let anybody get you down or think that you are less than you really are.

From Hannah’s Mom, Margo:
What were the reactions of others when you were deciding to get your son/daughter into modeling?
Most people acted skeptical, others gave anecdotal stories of their own experiences in modeling school. Some said things like, "I can't believe you are letting your daughter go to Japan ." Always the question , "What about School?" My friends were supportive and thought it would be a great opportunity. One of my closest friends said she thinks Hannah will make it big (time will tell).

Does anyone treat you different now that your son/daughter made it?
Yes, most people are interested in Hannah's experience and ask questions about what she does, if she is in any magazines etc. They ask to see her "book" or pictures. Others tell her that they expect to see her on a magazine cover soon.

What has been your overall perception?
I think it has been a good experience for Hannah, how many girls get to turn 16 in Hawaii on a photo -shoot? Besides the modeling work, she had a great cultural immersion, learning to get on the subway and get to her job, presenting herself to potential clients at castings,and negotiating the language barrier. She made friends and keeps in contact with girls(and some boys) from all over the world.
Personal safety was never an issue, she felt safe at all times. The only late night phone call I got as at 3 a.m. (MST), she needed a tutorial on laundry.

What would you like the world to know about your son/daughter outside of being a model?
Hannah is a bright girl, with many talents. If she stopped modeling today she still has many options and opportunities she could pursue.

Any silly moments they've had?
Hannah's first job in Japan was for a dept store called MILK, she though she was doing a milk ad, and who would have thought a farm girl from Utah who personally owns 10 beef heifers would go clear around the world to do a milk ad. She later found out it was not for milk(the beverage).

Advice for other parents?
Realize that this is a commitment for you as well as your child.