Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yo MOM (Model of the Month) March - Alex Papas

1.What is your name? Alex Pappes
2.Any nicknames? Pappes, Papadakis
3. Where did you grow up? Las Vegas
4. When is your birthday? July 29th
5. What is your favorite color? Cyan
6. Describe your family. Close. We are friends as well as family.
7. Describe your friends. My best friends Andy and Fred I have known since 4th grade. My friends are family.
8. Who makes you laugh more than anyone in the world? Andy, and Ron Burgundy.
9. Who is your hero and why? Of course my father, but family excluded it would be Genki Sudo. He is a fighter, author, actor, musician, and artist. A dynamic personality, and great mind.
10. How would your friends describe you? I'm pretty sure they would say things like "he has a beautiful soul" or "what a wonderful human being that alex pappes is"....great friends.
11. Other people's biggest misconception about me is? They think I don't eat because i'm skinny and I model. Come on now, i'm a garbage disposal.
12. Your greatest fear in life would be? Dying young or without making my father and everyone who has ever known me
proud.
13. What do you love about your looks AND personality? I have a gorgeous set of knees, and i'm stubborn as an ox.
14.What do you wish you could change about your looks AND personality? Absolutely nothing.
15.What do you think is your most unusual talent? I have the wonderful talent of wasting a day doing absolutely nothing.
16. Favorite things to do? Watch/play any sports. Watch movies, anime, TV. My life would be perfect if I could just go to the gym in the morning, no-gi class before noon, then basketball/football/soccer game in the afternoon and finish the day off by going to the movies, coming home and watching TV until I go to bed.
17. What is your favorite thing to do that doesn't cost money? Pick up game of some sort.
18. What new activity or interest would you like to make space for in your life? MMA training.
19. Are you usually early, on time or late? Early. I hate being late, and growing up an athlete being on-time to practice meant 20 minutes early.
20. If you had to eat the same food for three days what would it be? Fidel's chicken burrito & cheese enchilada combination.
21. What is your favorite thing to wear? I enjoy wearing nice clothes, suits and the like, but I am usually in a t-shirt and jeans.
22. Who is your favorite designer? I love Mike & Chris jackes and hoodies. I could have a full closet of their stuff.
23. What is your favorite magazine? Grappling
24. What is your favorite movie or TV show? I could list 500 movies but I always say Casablanca is my favorite. The best TV show ever (and it just so happens to be my favorite) is Deadwood, and there is nothing close (besides Rome )
25. What is your favorite music? Depends on my mood. Frank Sinatra is good all the time though.
26. What is your dream vacation and with whom? Tokyo with Andy for a New Years Eve Pride FC show.
27. Who would be your dream date (with whom, doing what, and where)? Keira Knightley, or Audrey Tautou would be a dream date. The what and where isn't important to me, thats the woman's fun.
28. Describe your perfect mate. Mate as in Aussie speak? Or mate like...mating call mate? I'm guessing you meant the latter. The answer is simple, a beautiful girl who doesn't annoy me.
29. What annoys you the most? People who eat loudly and with their mouth open.
30. When you were little, you wanted to be...? A pitcher for the Dodgers.
31. What are you goals now? Act, write, direct films or TV. To make a living in the entertainment industry.
32. Which holiday do you like best? Thanksgiving and 4th of July. Food, and partying.
33. How were you discovered? Sent in some pictures to Stacey, and signed with Pulse after I met with him.
34. How do you feel about the experience? It's awesome. I'm young and getting paid well to travel. There are few jobs that could be better.
35. What have you done? Where have you been? Italian Vogue, Paul Smith/Mike & Chris lookbooks, South Coast Plaza catalog,
and a handful of editorials
36. Any advice for new models? Don't get offended when the girl model doesn't respond when you tell her she's pretty, she's most likely Russian, doesn't speak a word of English, and very hungry.
37. Most embarrassing moment? I don't do embarrassed.
38. What were the reactions of others when you were deciding to get into modeling? "Sweet, hook me up with a model"
39. Does anyone treat you different now that you made it? Girls are definitely more interested the second "I'm a model" comes out of my mouth. Especially when i'm not in LA or NY where everyone is a model.